DME Management Technology at HIS
DME providers need a partner that will help their organizations scale and enhance profitability, liquidity, and deployment of resources. At Healthcare Information Services (HIS), we provide state-of-the-art DME management technology solutions for medical practices across the United States. Find out how working with HIS can help reduce headaches and inefficiencies when it comes to DME supply.
DME Management Tool
Older adults have many medical needs that are unique to their age and physical condition, and sometimes they need special equipment to keep them healthy and active. Durable medical equipment (DME) is a broad category of medical supplies that include safety devices, mobility aids, and rehab and therapy appliances. As a general rule, insurers require pre-approval before paying for DME or for reimbursing the cost of a purchase. Durable medical equipment is most often covered, as long as the beneficiary meets eligibility criteria and DME is deemed medically necessary by their doctor. To achieve greater efficiency, many DME providers are now adopting business technology to better manage their workflows and improve patients’ overall experience.
Our DME management technology can help your medical practice with proper:
- Document management
- Order management
- Claims creation and billing
- Receipt and cash posting
- AR management & denials
- Sales operations support/customer service
With more than three decades of experience leading healthcare professionals, HIS strives to exceed each partner’s expectations. Our team specializes in a variety of services in addition to DME management technology.
Explore How You Can Pair DME Management With Other Solutions For Your Practice
Contact us today to learn more about the latest innovations in DME business technology.
What To Look For In DME Business Tools
There are a wide range of options on the market for DME management technology, and choosing the best tools for your practice can be challenging. Consider these important factors to ensure you make the right choice.
- Ease of Use: Tools with too many features can be overwhelming to use and may cause inefficiencies within your practice. Look for software solutions that have an intuitive, user-friendly interface. This will save you time on user training and allow employees to provide quality service to your patients.
- Workflow Automation: Look for software that allows you to automate redundant tasks such as data entry and claims processing. An automated workflow will free up your staff, allowing them to focus on essential tasks. It also reduces the risk of errors and duplication that can lead to costly delays.
- Interoperability: Your DME management technology may be different from that of your partner healthcare providers. Therefore, you should choose a tool that has interoperability as one of its core features. Interoperability gives you a more holistic view of information and makes it easier to coordinate with any third-party disparate systems.
- Security and compliance: Your practice collects and handles large amounts of sensitive patient data, so it’s crucial that your tools have advanced security features such as data encryption and access control. Aside from safeguarding patient information, you’ll stay compliant with industry laws and regulations, including HIPAA.
At HIS, we provide comprehensive and customized MSO services for medical practices, private equity groups, and other MSO’s across the country looking to achieve long-term success. Our team will work closely with you to find the right solutions based on your unique needs and concerns. When you choose to work with HIS, you’ll have a trusted partner invested in the success of your practice. To learn more about our services or schedule a consultation, contact us today!
Expert DME Management Solutions
Healthcare Industry Updates and Articles
Read our most recent blogs and news from the world of medical billing and practice management.